Sunday 30 January 2011

phones :)

Ok, sorry about last week guys, the stress is begining to hit us with the exams. I never thought I would actually be doing a blog about phones. Basiclly, the phone has been the bain of my life since I started to stammer. Ive honestly hated the thing. Its not even that its that scarey a thing, its just I do not like the thing. So basicly, I thought, its time to conquer my fear of the thing that must not be named. (ok I know I've mentioned it a couple of times before)
So, last week, before I went out to my girlfriends, I had to phone a guy about my clarinet. But when I dialed the number, it was impossiable for me to actually go any further. So, I spent about ten minutes doing this deep breathing crap in the kitchen. Tried it again, and I still couldn't do it. I tried about 3 or 4 times to actually phone him. So, thinking back to the kings speech, I remember the bits where Bertie was swearing, and how it relaxed him. So, I tried swearing, and the various other things Lionel taught him (IE singing, dancing about the place) and if you have seen my hall, its not exactly the best place to be dancing. Anyway I tried it, and I felt more relaxed. I phoned the guy, stammered when I started talking to him, but as I got into the flow of the conversation, I did not stammer :D:D:D:D
Anyway, yesterday the phone goes. And as I was going up to answer it, I kept saying swear words. It felt goooooood that I could actually talk without stammering as much as I do. It felt pretty awesome. I can honestly say, that, although I'm 100% confident with the phone, I feel I'm on my way to conquering one of my biggest fears. Its funny, one piece of technology can make  even grown people terrified. Just one tiny thing,  can make one person, scared out of their wits. Honestly, thoe of you that don't stammer, don't know how terrifying it can be.
Anywho thats this blog for this time.  I don't know when my next one will be, but I've got a couple of intresting things coming up. I've got a college interview a week on Tuesday and theres the BSA open day in Glasgow in a couple of weeks. So yeah, cya next whenever it is :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally can see you dancing around your hall swearing your head off!! Seriously though, if it works then that's all that matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P Yeah it actually worked tbh. :)

    ReplyDelete