Saturday 19 February 2011

Now is the winter of our discontent

Sorry I've not updated this in a couple of weeks guys. The name will make sense later :)
Anyway, I had an interview a couple of weeks ago for college. Twas very intresting. The great thing was, the guy really gave me the time to speak. We had never met before, and he was great. So I was offered a place there and then :D:D:D Those of you who saw my facebook, will know that, but I just thought I'd tell you again. I GOT INTO COLLEGE :D :D just couldnt help it there.
So, a few days later, there was the British Stammering association open day in Glasgow. It was very intresting actually. It was great to get together with other folk who stammer. There was this really nice guy, I think he was from India or something, that I got talking to. Turns out he was a lawyer. Know thats a random fact, but tbh it really showed me that if I work, then I can get far. He seemed to be in a job he enjoyed, and obv had worked hard for it. So now for the explanation of the title of this blog. In the afternoon, there was a workshop called "Linoel Louge: Maravik or magician" For those of you who have not seen the Kings Speech yet, Linoel Louge is the speech therapist in it, the character that Geofry Rush plays. So, Jan, the woman that was taking the workshop, got us to all lie on the floor, facing the ceilng. We had to imagine a colum of air coming out when we breathed out, and it could go as high, or as low as we wanted it. Then she got us to do the same with Shakespere quotes, and swear words. So yeah, anyone walking past would be wondering what the hell was going on in this room.  It also involved getting into pairs, and doing either toungetwisters, or the acutal Kings speech, that was read out by George VI when world war two broke out. I done the speech thing, with this other guy who stammers. Jan came up and listened to us both saying it, and was encouraging us to swear. It was brilliant, cos I was stammering, and she just shouted (excuse the choice of words here)
BUGGER BUGGER FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK BUGERDY BUGGER :P
So yeah,that was very intresting.
Thats pretty much it for this time folks. Hope you like it :)

4 comments:

  1. lol that workshop sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. Any excuse to swear out loud is a fun time for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,its nice to see that you have started a blog about your stutter,I too have started the same a week ago, do check it out if you have the time.

    http://mystammer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. checked the blog out. looks really good, and following it :)

    ReplyDelete